You have earned your college or university degree, you have a great talent, and you are enthusiastic about taking your next steps toward success. But wait, what if you are not sure what you want to do with the rest of your life? Even though options are abundant, making the final decision is not all that easy, especially if you are unsure of what the best career path is for you.
If you have both hard and soft skill sets, as well as the willingness to learn, employers will want to hire you, but what do you really want to do? One often overlooked option is a career in recruitment. As a recruiter, you will help employers identify and attract the employees their company needs to succeed. You will use your knowledge, judgment, and expertise to match well-qualified candidates to the best jobs available, making a genuine impact on the growth of businesses as well as the economy. Recruitment agencies are always seeking to add talented recruiters to their teams.
The Skills to Begin a Career in Recruitment
Ambition and enthusiasm are a great start. Do you have the skills to build connections and manage relationships? Communicate, problem solve, and influence? If the answer is yes, the prospects in the recruitment industry are many! As a recruiter you will build on your existing skills, learn to network effectively, problem solve, negotiate, market, and interview, as you match the perfect candidate with the ideal position. Once you make the connection, you will reach an agreement, advising both candidates and companies regarding salary, benefits, training, and more.
The Benefits of a Career in Recruitment
When making your career decision, you want to explore all the options, most importantly the benefits of each potential career. Let’s explore the benefits of a career in recruitment:
- Financial Incentives – Talented recruiters earn top dollar with exceptional financial incentives based on their ability to deliver solutions to clients.
- Opportunities for Advancement – With exceptional job performance, come outstanding opportunities for advancement. In the recruiting industry, promotion to senior leadership is most often based on performance rather than time on the job.
- Unlimited Development and Experience – Due to the nature of the recruitment industry, new recruiters are trained, coached, and mentored for a successful start. As they grow and learn throughout their career, recruiters gain a wide variety of valuable business experience for future growth and success.
- Employment Benefits – Recruiters are eligible for a number of benefits – healthcare, retirement, travel, etc. – from their employers.
- Independence and Flexibility – Given the scope of a career in recruitment, recruiters gain varied work experience while maintaining independence and flexibility. Recruiting careers offer a flexible schedule working remote and managing your own calendar. From networking to negotiating, and every aspect of recruiting in between, a career in recruiting can be inspiring with benefits greatly outweighing any challenges.
How to Thrive in a Recruitment Career
There are several characteristics that help people succeed in a recruitment career:
- Ability to work independently
- Well-developed communication skills
It is important when considering a career in recruitment to remember it is a people and communication-oriented business, which means you will need to communicate effectively with individuals from all walks of life with unique personalities.
In many instances, recruiters act in partnership with their business clients to ensure outstanding candidates are recruited and engaged. Recruiters advertise job openings to candidates, and in turn, recruiters present qualified candidates to businesses. A career in recruiting is an entrepreneurial opportunity, one in which you build a unique portfolio of clients and candidates much as you would build a business. With early successes, you develop a solid reputation, gain more referrals, and continue to succeed.
Consider a Career in Recruitment with Ascendo Resources
If you are ready to start your career in recruitment, Ascendo Resources is waiting to connect with you. With the right communication and problem-solving skills, you have the basis you need to become a successful recruiter in an award-winning, fast-growing environment. Ascendo is ready to train you in recruitment best practices and deliver the opportunities you need to grow and thrive your recruiting career.
For more information to get started as a recruiter, call us today!