If you’ve been experiencing high turnover in your business, it could be because you’re not hiring the right people. In order for your business to thrive, you must have employees who are passionate about the company, the job and their surroundings.
Hiring the right employees from the start will help build the foundation you need in order to have a stable, profitable business. Here are some tips on how to hire the right employees:
• Listen: Let the interviewee do most of the talking. You can learn a lot about their personality and attitude from keeping quiet. Ask open-ended questions and then sit back and listen carefully to how they answer.
• Attitude and personality are everything: It’s all about the attitude. Technical skills can be taught, but a bad attitude is hard to change. Do they seem eager and positive? Or is this just another interview among the many they have to go through? You want to hire someone who genuinely wants to work for your company.
• They should be passionate about what they do: Ok, maybe it’s hard to be passionate about being an accountant; but potential employees should genuinely enjoy what they do. The job description doesn’t matter – it all comes down to how much a potential candidate loves what they do. Again, this comes down to attitude.
• Knows your company, products and services: Does the candidate truly want to work for your organization, or are they just trying to get hired by the first company that chooses them? They should have at least some knowledge of your company, your mission and your products. Ask them if they’ve ever used your products or services, and if so, what they thought of them.
• Ability to think creatively, ‘out of the box’: Today’s business models are all about problem solving. With ever-changing technology and customers’ demands at an all-time high, it’s imperative to have someone who can think on their feet and come up with solutions that may not be considered the norm. Look for creative thinkers and problem solvers.
• See them in action: Instead of asking a series of questions, put your candidates to work. Give them a specific task that relates to the job they’re applying for. If they complete the task within the proper timeframe, and in a logical, calm manner, they may be the right person for the job.
• Think about outsourcing your HR department: If the thought of interviews and hiring employees makes you want to stay in bed in the morning, think about outsourcing your HR department to do it for you. Companies such as Ascendo Resources can help with the hiring process and place the right candidates with your company. That leaves you free to concentrate on revenue-building activities like product development and customer relations. Hiring experts like Ascendo understand what to look for in a candidate and can place the right employees in your organization so you won’t have to worry about high-turnover and employees who just don’t fit in. That gives you peace of mind knowing your new hires are the best they can be.
Ascendo Resources can help with all of your hiring needs. Visit the website today for more information.